- The Kindergarten application period for the 2018-19 school year for kids who were born in 2013 will start November 28 and remain open till January 19 with offers being mailed out in March. PLEASE NOTE: If you are looking for placement for the current school year, please call us and email the office manager Carmen Perez firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be submitted on the DOE's website, by phone 718 935 2400 or in person at the District 13 Family Welcome Center located at 29 Fort Greene Place. Current Pre K families must submit an application as well to be considered for placement at PS20.
When applying, put 13K020KG on the form. If you want to be considered for the French Dual Language Program as well, enter 13K020FR on the form. All applications received by the end of the application period are treated the same.
Students are considered for placement at PS20 by the DOE based on their position on the priority list below:
- Zoned students with a sibling who will be attending the school in 2017-18
- All other zoned students
- Students who reside in District 13 but out of the PS20 zone with a sibling who will be attending the school in 2017-18
- Students who reside outside of District 13 with a sibling who will be attending the school in 2017-18
- Students who reside in District 13, who are currently enrolled at PS20 in Pre-K
- Students who live outside District 13, who are currently enrolled at PS20 in Pre-K
- All other students residing in District 13 but outside the PS20 zone
- All other students
- You accept your offer by pre-registering at the school providing proof of your child's age and residence.
- Your child will automatically be placed on PS20's wait-list, if you receive an offer from a school ranked LOWER PS20 on your application. PS20 will contact families on the wait-list directly if we can offer a placement to your child.